Challenge: Building the bridge between graduation and today’s changing workforce demand.
What do we already know:
- Automation, in tandem with the COVID-19 recession, is creating a ‘double-disruption’ scenario for workers.
- The window of opportunity to reskill and upskill workers has become shorter in the newly constrained labour market.
- Skills gaps continue to be high as in demand skills across jobs change in the next five years.
- The future of work has already arrived for a large majority of the online white-collar workforce.
Today, more than one year into the COVID-19 pandemic, one important aspect we can all agree on is that workforce demand is unpredictable (and, implicitly, constantly changing).
Solution: From a mid to long term perspective, guessing and changing curriculums is as strategic as guessing can be. The alternative and only viable solution we can address at this time is building an agile workforce, ready to adapt to whichever challenges the future presents.
In order to do so, we have to grow and nurture a different approach to education. At a first glance, the main areas of focus are:
- Bridging the gap between Universities and employers, by working as partners on curriculums and making sure students invest wisely in their growth as future professionals.
- Cultivating a learning mindset for our students. Education doesn’t stop when graduation ends and it’s important to create the connection between graduates and potential development plans.
- Investing in what we know as skills of the future (or transversal skills) like: critical thinking, communication, team work, leadership a.o.
How can our technology help?
To state the obvious, Jobful Career Platform can digitalize University’s Career Centres, offering students access to opportunities in the market and offering employers the opportunity to involve in the students’ educational process, directly on the platform.
- A gamified framework, attractive and engaging for new generations.
- An e-learning component, allowing employers to teach and assess students.
- A challenges system, crowdsourcing fresh ideas for employers and offering students a way to prove their potential.
- A matching system that analyzes data by using Machine Learning, resulting in a holistic view over students and recommendation of only relevant opportunities.
- A benefits area, rewarding top students or graduates for key behaviours.
- A partnership area, allowing Universities to transform their Career Center into the bridge we’ve been talking about.
What we’ve learned over the years is that each professional journey is unique. That’s why we’ve built a solution able to adapt to each individual.
Interested to find out more? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.